Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Driver Spotlight Review: Aric Almirola

Aric Almirola 2015 Review


By Richard Tix


Season Grade: C+

Season Preview: "As I said above, I don't think Aric strays too far from the seasons he has been having. If RFR gets back on track with there engine development (RPM partners with RFR) than he may have a better chance at a strong year. I think he will settle in with about 1-2 top 5's and 6-8 top 10's. I think that Sam Hornish Jr has a shot to be the better of the two RPM drivers in 2015."

Season Review: Let's start this by stating boy was I wrong about Hornish possibly having a better season than Double A. Same wasn't good and is already out in 2016. However, I was right on about Aric pretty much continuing his same results as he has been averaging yearly.

In 2015 he ended with 0 wins, 3 top 10's (career high over his previous 2), and 6 top 10's. His average finish of 17.9 was actually a career best (previously 18.8) and was better then last year when he got into the Chase because of a rain shortened Firecracker at Daytona. All in all it was a solid season for Aric's standards, but RPM would still like to be more competitive. 

No comments: