Tuesday, December 22, 2015

2015 Driver Spotlight Review: Paul Menard

Paul Menard 2015 Review


By Richard Tix


Season Grade: C-

Season Preview: "Paul Menard had back to back quality season's now where he notched 3 and 5 top 5's respectively. On the stat sheet it doesn't look too bad, but I just don't think it will get it done when it comes to making the Chase with this format. I think in 2015 Menard will contend in a few races for a win (heck, he might pull one off), but will end up short of the Chase. A range of 3-6 top 5's, and 8-12 top 10's will be expected again."

Season Review: Man was I wrong. First Menard made the Chase (which I thought was a long shot) and second he did it with less top 5's and top 10's then I thought. How does that even happen? Well it happens by a lot of top 15's and top 20's.

As it has always been the case, Menard just didn't get it done. Is it him? RCR? or a combination? Menard isn't a bad driver, and he and his dad continue to bring/keep the sponsors in the sport which is a good thing, but I think he will always be a 14-23rd finish type guy.


No comments: