Wednesday, December 16, 2015

2015 Driver Spotlight Review: Kurt Busch

Kurt Busch 2015 Review


By Richard Tix


Season Grade: B-

Season Preview: "Kurt is in a position to notch a win or two every year with SHR. He has the car to do it, it will just be can he block out the distractions? I think he will bounce back in 2015, but I don't think it will be to the level of being a Championship favorite. I think he can get to 1-2 wins, 7-10 top 5's. and 16-18 top 10's. All of which would be an improvement on last season. I think he will still finish somewhere from 8-11th in points, though."

Season Review: I wasn't too far off on my Kurt Busch prediction, but I wasn't even taking into account him missing a few races to start the season. In 2015, when he got back into the car, he seemed focused and for once seemed to block most things out. All in all it seemed like Kurt was finally in a better place.

After missing three races he still had 2 wins, 10 top 5's, and 21 top 10's. At one point in the season he seemed like a legit title contender. When the Chase rolled around he had lost a lot of that momentum and he ended up finishing 8th overall. However, overall it was a great season in the #41 camp and something they can build on.


No comments: