Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2015 Driver Spotlight Review: Kyle Larson

Kyle Larson 2015 Review


By Richard Tix


Season Grade: C-

Season Preview: "I think it is safe to assume many fans have high expectations for Larson in 2015, heck I started this article out talking about Jeff Gordon who will go down as one of the greatest drivers in the Modern Era and Chase Era. The question is can he live up to them and what should the real expectations be? I really think he will get his first win in 2015 and I think he may follow that up with one or two more. I think in 2015 his top 5 total (8) and top 10 total (17) will stay about the same, though. With the fact that I think he will win a race or two in 2015, I also think he will obviously make the Chase."

Season Review: That was one heck of a "Sophomore Slump." Larson took a step back in every single category in 2015. I for one (and a million others) had high expectations for him in 2015. Maybe that was unfair to such a young driver, but I didn't see such a rough season coming.

I will give him just a bit of a break because it seemed like Ganassi took a bit of a step back as well (I know McMurray had a nice season, but didn't front run as much compared to 2014). But still, a lot of blame falls on Larson who may have let some pressure get to him.


No comments: