Friday, January 16, 2015

2015 Driver Spotlight Preview: Aric Almirola

Aric Almirola 2015 Season Preview


By Richard Tix


2014 was the first time Aric Almirola got to taste Victory Lane in the Sprint Cup. Was it a last second pass on the last lap? Was it a dominate performance all Sunday? No, but in NASCAR win's don't just come easy and you take them however you can.

Aric took that win and made the 2014 Chase for the first time in his three year full time career. As I have talked about with other drivers starting out on the Cup level, I like to look at there first three seasons. Well, Aric just finished his third (full time).

Every season he did progress a bit, but it really wasn't a very huge jump in numbers. It seems like Aric may have leveled off in his career. Things could change if he moved teams or out of no where RPM takes a big jump in performance (which is RFR gets back on track, could happen) but, I see things staying pretty stable.


Bold Predictions/2015 Season Expectations:
  • As I said above, I don't think Aric strays too far from the seasons he has been having. If RFR gets back on track with there engine development (RPM partners with RFR) than he may have a better chance at a strong year. I think he will settle in with about 1-2 top 5's and 6-8 top 10's. I think that Sam Hornish Jr has a shot to be the better of the two RPM drivers in 2015.


No comments: