Wednesday, December 14, 2016

2016 NASCAR Driver Spotlight Review: Martin Truex

Martin Truex Jr 2016 Review

Image result for 2016 Martin Truex Jr win

By Richard Tix


Season Grade: B

Season Preview: "Martin Truex Jr has raised the bar with Furniture Row and will continue to see pressure to perform in 2016. Not only that, but the team switched from Chevy to Toyota and are now in alliance with JGR. I think some bumps in the road are to be expected, but I think he will run well enough to once again make the Chase. However, I am not sure if he will win again in 2016. 0 wins, 5-6 top 5's, and 19-20 top 10's are what I see possible for him this year."

Season Review: No wins? Zero wins? What was I thinking? The switch to JGR helped him and the bumps in the road were at a minimum in 2016. Martin ended the season with four total wins which far exceeded my expectations. 

Three of those four came from Darlington on (so three in the last twelve). I wasn't completely off with the rest of his prediction's, but I did not see him becoming one of the best cars on the season. 

In the end he and Brad Keselowski were the two car's left out looking in that were the most deserving to be in at the end of the season. But, both ran into trouble during the Chase and both should understand that is how it works in this era right now. Overall Martin had a fantastic season and will look to advance further next season.

No comments: