Wednesday, December 28, 2016

2016 NASCAR Driver Spotlight Review: Kasey Kahne

Kasey Kahne 2016 Review

Image result for 2016 Kasey Kahne

By Richard Tix


Season Grade: C

Season Preview: "I want to say he will bounce back. I want to say he finally lives up to getting a ride at Hendrick, but part of me just believes he needs a fresh start. I think he will have a fine season, maybe a bit better then 2015, but I do not see a huge comeback season for Kahne even with more light being on him with Gordon gone. Another season where he will flirt with a win, 4-5 top 5's, and 10-12 top 10's are where I expect him to land (and all those numbers are up from 2015). He again will be a bubble Chase driver that might need that win to get in."

Season Review: I really, really hate being right about Kasey Kahne year after year. Just once I am hoping he proves me wrong. As a Minnesota sports fan I have the pessimistic view down to a science, which is where I am with Kahne.

See, I was a big Kahne fan early in his career. To be honest, I was and am a huge Dodge fan, so many of my following's stem from those roots including KK. I have grown away as a fan from Kahne, but only because I have picked up so many other drivers that I consider myself to root for. But, in the back of my head I am always hoping the best for Kasey.

With that said, you can see why I hate doing Kasey Kahne Previews and Reviews. I am almost always pessimistic about his outlook and I am almost always right. Sad, I know. 

Again KK didn't produce season long while finishing with zero wins, three top 5's, and 13 top 10's. However, the sun does come out each day and it started to shine a bit on Kahne again in 2016. He finished the season with his best average finish (15.6) since 2012. He also had a nice stretch from Darlington to Kansas where he had six top 10's in seven races. So, things were not all bad for Kasey fans as he once again will give them hope heading into a new season. With that he also has given me a headache just thinking about how I will start his 2017 Preview...It is what it is I guess.

No comments: