Friday, January 15, 2016

2016 NASCAR Driver Spotlight Preview: Kyle Larson

Kyle Larson 2016 Preview


By Richard Tix



2015 didn't exactly go how Kyle Larson would have planned it. It also didn't go how many of us expected it to go. After a blazing fast start to his career as a rookie in 2014 that included almost everything but a trip to Victory Lane, most thought he would end up there at least once in 2015.

I had him notching possibly multiple wins in 2015. I was wrong, but not all is lost. It was a rough 2015 season that had high expectations, but Larson still has a bunch of talent that wont just fade away.

The new low downforce package may really help him be able to wheel it around some other guys so it could be a nice step back into the spotlight.


Bold Predictions/2016 Season Expectations:
  • Last year I went with multiple wins which was bold considering how bad it crashed an burned. This year I am going with Larson once again going win-less. Many are picking him to bounce back and finally get a win in 2016. While I do think he will bounce back, I also think he has a real shot at once again coming up short in the W column. I do think he will creep back into the Chase picture with solid outings even despite a win. 7-9 top 5's and 16-18 top 10's are realistically where I see him ending back up (something close to his rookie season). 

No comments: