Thursday, September 11, 2014

2014 NASCAR Behind the Wall Chase Predictions


By Richard Tix

The 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase is about to start at Chicagoland Speedway this weekend. For the first year ever NASCAR fans will be able to fill out an actual bracket style prediction chart. So, I fugured I would set one up and see how we do. I really didn't take as much time making my predictions based on track stats as I normally would for an article on NASCAR Behind the Wall. Instead, I went all intuition in this guessing game. I urge everyone to check it out on NASCAR.com and check fill out your own! So, who do YOU got?




First round I really think Newman's consistency will help him make it through to the next round. Top guys like BK, JJ, JG, Harvick, JoLo, and Jr are all no brainers. If they don't make it to the next round it will shock most fans.Im taking consistency in Kenseth and I will stick with my preseason prediction that JGR will be good in the Chase (for round one).

Moving forward I do not have a lot of shockers. The fast guys move on and it is a battle of Hendrick and Penske (mix in the SHR #4). I'm sticking with BK to get his second championship in three years, but Ill be honest its a toss up when you get down to four. Anything can happen and will happen.

Need more? Check out the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase Field (preview).

**Update 9/29/2014: Well so far so good. The first round is over after Dover and the 12 drivers I picked to move on did just that. The next round will be a tough one. Kyle Busch is on a hot streak right now with consistent finishes, but will Kansas come back to bite him? He has had his struggles here in the past. He is the driver I am most concerned with wrecking my bracket this round (I did pick him preseason to win the title this season, though). Carl is also a wild car since he hasn't run very will so far in the Chase. So, how did your bracket do round 1?**

**Update 10/22/2014: The second round threw a wrench in almost everyone's bracket with 3 of 4 Hendrick drivers dropping out. I still managed 6 of 8 drivers, but should have gone with the same Newman advice I stated for round one, "consistency will move him on." I can only get 3 of 4 right in the Finale in Miami since Jimmie Johnson dropped out after Dega**

No comments: